Large five-pointed red enamel star imposed on two laurel leaves; the reverse plain with unmarked screwback, as issued; an old repair to the red enamel of the upper left arm; diameter 41.69mm (1.64 inches).
The Order was instituted on 9 July 1945 to be awarded to officers of the People’s Army or Ministry of Internal Affairs for heroic acts and exemplary leadership in wartime. The first examples were made by Goznak, probably at the St. Petersburg (then Leningrad) Mint. The authorship of later models, such as this is not known for certain as they are unsigned but other Albanian Orders of the time were made by by PräWeMa (Präge Werkzeug Machinen) of Markneukirchen in eastern Germany, maker of many of the best East German (DDR) awards.
The awards of the secretive Albanian regime of 1945-1990 have only recently begun to appear on the market and are likely to remain rare, having been awarded in small numbers. This is especially the case with the Order of the Partisan Star.