Miniature Trio comprising:
War Medal, 1939-1945. Miniature circular cupro-nickel medal with scroll and ribbon bar suspension; the face with the crowned head of King George VI facing left, circumscribed ‘GEORGIVS VI D : G : BR : OMN : REX F : D : IND : IMP: (George VI by the Grace of God King of Great Britain, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India); the reverse with a triumphant lion standing on a prostrate dragon, dated ‘1939 1945’ above right; diameter 17.91mm (0.7 inch).
The Medal was instituted in 1945 and was awarded to all full-time members of the armed forces who had served at least 28 days between the outbreak of war (3 September 1939) and V.J. Day (2 September 1945).
General Service Medal, George VI, 1937-1949 issue, with ‘Malaya’ clasp. Miniature circular silver medal with ornate scrolled ribbon suspension bar; the face with the crowned head of King George VI facing left, circumscribed ‘GEORGIVS VI D: G: BR: OMN: REX ET INDIAE IMP:’ (George VI by the Grace of God King of Great Britain and Emperor of India); the reverse with a standing winged Victory with Greek helmet, an upright trident in her left hand, a laurel wreath in her right hand crowning an upright winged sword; diameter 18.01mm (0.71 inch); with ‘MALAYA’ clasp.
The Medal was instituted on 19 January 1923 to be awarded to Army and Air Force personnel involved in small conflicts outside Africa and India from 1918 onwards where a separate campaign medal was not issued.
The Malaya clasp was awarded for active service in Malaya and Singapore against communist guerrilla forces. The qualifying dates for service in Malaya were between 16 June 1948 and 31 July 1960 and for Singapore between 16 June 1948 and 31 January 1959.
Indian Independence Medal 1947. Miniature circular cupro-nickel medal with scroll and laterally-pierced ball suspension; the face with a chakra (wheel) centrally, the Imperial crown above, circumscribed ‘GEORGIUS: VI: D: G: BRITT: OMN: REX: FID: DEF’ (George VI by the Grace of God King of Great Britain Defender of the Faith); the reverse with the Ashokan Lions, circumscribed ‘INDIAN INDEPENDENCE’ and dated ‘15TH AUGUST 1947’ below; diameter 18.15mm (0.71 inch); on original ribbon.
The Medal was instituted in October 1949 and awarded to members of the Indian armed forces, including those of the Princely States that had acceded to India before 1 January 1948, who were serving on 15 August 1947 and to British military who stayed in India after independence to assist in the reorganisation of the Indian armed forces after partition and who were still serving on 1 January 1948.
The Medals are on original ribbons and bar mounted with pin for wear.