Circular gilt metal and enamel badge on ornate bar suspension with pin for wear; the face with a stylised green, yellow and black enamel imperial orchid on a white enamel background; the reverse with an inscription in kanji characters; in fitted embossed black lacquer case of issue with slight scratches to the lid.
The Saiseikai Imperial Gift Foundation was created on 11 February 1911 when Emperor Meiji summoned then-Prime Minister Taro Katsura and donated one and a half million yen and commanded the establishment of a foundation to provide for the medical needs of the poor. Katsura sought donations from benefactors, establishing the Foundation on 30 May 1911. The Foundation continues to carry out activities in the medical and social welfare sectors.
The Yellow Membership badge is awarded for significant donations to the Foundation.